Thursday, October 25, 2012

One Step At A Time 15

Dear Diary,


Im trying to make things work, but these times are hard. I just can't stay in Kuwait anymore, Its always the same routine all over again, I need change. Since I didn't have anything better to do, mom decided to send me off to a camp in Dubai, for a week 3shan aghayer jaw, unfortunately I cant stay any longer cause I had chemo sessions, Ou I can't miss it. But hey, look at the bright side, better traveling for a week, than not traveling at all. I packed my stuff all excited



Mama: are you done with all the packing? 



Me: almost, just give me 2 more minutes wa9ek jan6ety 



Mama: Quick! We don't want you to miss your flight now do we? 



I quickly put in my toothbrush, and other last minute stuff. And closed my bag firmly. I stared at my bag, smiling. Finally, I could get a little time for myself. I needed to find myself, and the only way I can do that is getting away from the people I know. I needed to be alone. A quick getaway was the best solution


Everyone wa9aly el ma6ar, including my friends and mom and sisters. I gave each and everyone of them a huge hug, and mom came and pulled me away from all of them, and gave me a hug, and slowly placed a envelope in my hand, and whispered in my ear



Mama: 7beebti hathy 1500 dinar, 9erfeehum 3ala nafsech mnak, I know your going to do a lot of shopping plus its part of your food money. And I stashed an extra 500 kd eb your credit card on top of your ma3ash. Athen thats going to be more than enough? 



Me: Mama thats too much!! Laish ta3abtay nafsech? 


Mama: I messed up once, I don't wanna mess up again 



Me: Bss mama, I don't love you for the money you give me, I love you for you. 



Mama: And when was it 7aram for a mom to give her daughter money? She said smiling


Me: ya36eech el 3afya, allah ykhaleech lena



I kissed the crown of her head, and told her to take care, and we stayed in each others arms. 



Me: yallah you guys, Im going in, taboun shay?



All of them together: laa salamtech, and take care 



I kept wandering bl airport with my luggage, up until I heard them announce that it was boarding time. I went in the airplane and noticed, a lot of young kuwaiti teenagers were going to Dubai, I was terrified from airplanes, I hated flying... ye3ni law b2eedy I'd much rather go on a bus than a airplane. The whole realization ena your hanging in mid air over 20,000 ft and the only thing keeping you up, is a plane, terrifies the crap out of me.
I sat in my seat, the place was full of shabab and a few families. A guy sat next to me. I turned around and just my luck. It was the annoying hospital dude. He smiled 



Him: Are you by any chance stalking me? 


Me: You wish.


Him: Well, whatever the reason is... a9lan there might not even be a reason, la2ana as far as I can see, your always rude. You better put your differences aside la2ana Im gonna be sitting next to you for the next 2 hours. So get over yourself 


Me: ge6a3. shtaby enta? Who wouldn't get annoyed from a egotistic douche bag like you 



Him: everyone apparently 


I gave him a stare, and pressed on the flight attendant button... And before i knew it she was asking me if I needed anything



Me: Excuse me, do you have any other vacant seat? Im uncomfortable sitting next to him 



Flight attendant: Im sorry ma'am, but there's not seats available, the plane is full 



Me: iiiiffftt, thankyou, that would be all 



Him: Oula oula kel hatha bss 3shan ma tabeen tg3deen yamy, yuba shda3wa ana mayet 3laich... wayed 36aitech wayh. Esharha 3lay 



I ignored him, and turned to my right, so my back would be facing him. I tried falling asleep but I kept hearing his annoying laugh, apparently he saw his friend bl 6ayara and ma legaw ella yeg3doun ee6ay7oun suwalef yamy. La ou 9outhum 3aly ba3ad. 



Him *whispering to his friend*: esma3 esma3 ana elli aqeth hal bent elli yamy, soulef ou ez3ajha 3adel, wallah la3alemha, mu 3alay ana elsan 6weel 


His friend: Yallah fougha


His friend with his loud obnoxious voice: Agoouuuul Sagoooor!! Ay hotel eb tg3ad feeh


Sager: Atlantis! 


WHAAAAATTT!!! NAFS MY HOTEL TOO!!! Ye3ni what are the odds, this is getting so annoying. I pulled myself together, but wait, so his name turned out to be Sager, hmmm pretty name, ugly personality. Staghfarallah 9umkhan wejaa33 Abyy aanaaam! 



Me: Weja3 ya mal el weja3, tara ana wa7da aby anam, taboun tsoulfoun rou7aw mukan thany 



His friend: 6a3 hathy, mu 3alay ana ya set el 7esn wldalal. kalmeeny 3adel fahma, weja3 twj3ch ou twja3 elli ykrhouny. 



Me: na3am na3am? Tara I have rights ketherkum, Im trying to sleep here wana mu gadra kelesh mn 9outkum elli a3la mna maku 



Sager: eeeh feeeh sloub! Mu chthy tkalmeeena, la welmeshkela la a3aref esmech wela a3aref shay 3anech. mashallah chthy tkalmeen strangers?



Me: Well, I know enough about you. And as far as I know, I hate you. 



And before he could say anything the flight attendant announced that there would be turbulence, ou ma6abat hawa2eya, so finally his friend walked his way back to his seat. As I said I hated airplanes, so I kept clenching my jaw, estaghfering raby. I absolutely hated it. Faj2a the plane had a hard ma6aba and it fell for a split second and adjusted itself. 



Me *whispering: Waii staghfarallah staghfarallah, enshallah y3ady 3ala khair



Sager: Haaaa ashouf tkhafeen? 


Me: Enta malek sheghel 


Sager: Tara 3adi t6ee7 3laina el 6ayara, a9lan tadreen hal 6ayaran maychaykoun their planes, ye3ni 3adi a screw 6aye7 mn the wings or something, wetha 9ar chthy re7naaaa 


Me: geltlek chub!! chub! Chub! 



Sager: Shnu mn9ejech tkhafeen? 



Me: eeeh ma teftihem? I have plane phobia! 



Sager: Smela 3laich bss, lay6ee7 ni9ich 



Me: iffft enta shtaby al7een? Egleb wajhek bss 


Sager: mn zeen el gufa elli 3ala rasech elli ga3d ajablha, laish ana egdar ashouf shay ghair keshetech 


Me: 3asa 3younk el 3ama 


And I put on my earphones and started listening to music ignoring the world, ignoring him to be exact up until the plane landed. By the time I got to the hotel it was 1:30 am, and I was exhausted, ga6ait all my luggage, and indulged in my sleep, dreaming about everything and nothing







4 comments:

  1. I love ur story <3 :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleaaase post alyoom a3tbriha 3idya pleaase :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wainech?? Pleaaaaaase post pweeeeeez *puppy eyes* yalla we adore you so much ;** make it long if you can <3
    Thank you zayouuna <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it ;* dam ena they are both in dubai for 1 week something could happen :p and plsss post soon ;* Ly

    ReplyDelete