Friday, November 30, 2012

One Step At A Time 22

Dear Diary,

I kept taking monthly doses of chemotherapy. Every session was worse than the other. I actually had company with me today, a young girl named Shaikha, she was 13 years old, she was a sweet person. She was bald with no hair whatsoever, not on her face, wela on her head. But surprisingly, that didn't bother her.


Shaikha: Men meta wentay eb hal 7ala?


Me: A few months


Shaikha: embayen your a newbie 


Me: Shadarach?


Shaikha: Cause unlike me, your hair is still here. 


Me: Laish entay shkether 9arlech 


Shaikha: 2 years in counting, it just never seems to fade away 


Me: Enzain lets talk about something else, something fun! 


Shaikha: Hahaha okay!


And we kept talking for the next 2 hours till the session was over. And it was time for us to leave. I was waiting for the driver to come pick me up, what took him so long? Shaikha called her brother and told him to come a little late seeing that she wouldn't leave me here all alone. 15 min later and the driver still didn't arrive. 


Shaikha: tabeen age6ech el bait?


Me: Laaa laaa, ka al7een elsayeg beyee


Shaikha: tg9een 3ala mnu, you've been saying that for the past 30 min, yallah mu bkaifch get your stuff ana badeg gala ukhouy wagoula eyeee


I took my stuff and waited till ekhouha yah and got in the car


Shaikha: khan a3arfech 3ala ukhouy 


And her brother turned around and it was HIM!! God have mercy! Lai meta, me and him started laughing our asses off, this was too ironic 


Shaikha: haw shfeekum? Did I miss something?


Me: No, you didn't miss anything


Shaikha: You know my brother?


...: Lel2asaf eeh a3arfha 


Shaikha: Laish tgoul lel asaf ya 7mar 


Me: Mind me, but I have never met a more annoying brother like yours


...: eee7a9elech 3ad


Shaikha: Sager, Farah! Shfeekum?


Me: Hahahaha nothing


Sager: Kelesh nothing ha?? 


Shaikha: Next time we have chemo betgouleenly elsalfa


Sager's face turned pale. He just realized that I was in a hospital that treated cancer.


Sager: Farah? You have cancer?


Shaikha: Laaa yal 9aida 3yal laish kanat weyay. 


Me: Yes 

Sager's POV


I remembered the day when I bumped into her in the hospital, and when she was forced to sleep in a hospital in Dubai, and how much she got affected when Wahab died. It all made sense, why was I so stupid, all the signs were right in front of me, and I never realized it, we both knew we had a lot we wanted to say, bss we couldn't la2ana shaikha was here. The second me and Farah are alone, Im gonna confront her. Why didn't she tell me? 


Back to Farah's POV 

I remembered when I bumped into him in the hospital, and how much he understood me when it came to Wahab. I can't believe ma galy ena his sister had cancer, he had a lot of explaining to do, But why didn't he tell me? 


I went back home and started combing my hair, it was so kesha... Suddenly strands of my hair started falling on the ground. It kept getting more khafeef everyday. I was worried that by the end of this month, and by the time mom's wedding occurs, I would be well, hairless. I took the hair and throwed it in the garbage, hiding it with a bunch of tissues on top of it, I didn't want anyone to know that I was loosing my hair. The attention I had was over bearing. 

8 comments:

  1. Please post soon! Amazing chapter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg cute he cares about her!! And what about the mothers old boy friend ishsar feeh! Don't take a long time to post please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yallaa 3aad posstt soon:-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come onnn! PLSASE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yaaaa3amyyyy yalla 3aaadd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleasee one week 9arlech laa 6awlen akthar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yallaa poosstt!!!!! Please o:)

    ReplyDelete