Saturday, September 15, 2012

One Step At A Time 4

Dear Diary,

My sisters came back home the next day, they looked like a mess. But then again, they always did. Jesus I felt so ashamed to have them as sisters. They were a burden. But then it hit me, I do the same shit that they do, but the only difference is they got caught. I spent my time trying to get over Aziz.  I felt pain hit my pride. I felt lonely. My friends completely left me seeing that I was in a bad mood, and went partying with the guys. No one stayed by my side, when I needed them the most. They abandoned me.  I felt fatigued over the next few days, I got diarrhea, and it kept getting worse. My mom got worried and took me to the hospital to go get checkups. I went into the Dr.'s appointment alone, leaving my mama outside, patiently waiting for me.



Me: Salam Ou 3laikum


Dr.Talal: Wa3alaikum elsalam, 3sa ma shar? What's wrong?


Me: I've been getting dairrhea for some time now, and Im loosing a lot of wieght.


Dr. Talal: okay, do you feel fatigued and dizzy at times? Any new things happening to you?


Me: Yes! And I've been getting these red spots all over my hands and legs, and Im starting to bruise real easily.


Dr. Talal: Can you ask your mom to come in, now please?


Me: okay,


Diary, madre laish, bss hal wakt 7asait feeh shay ghala6. The Dr's features changed completely when I told him I was bruising real easily. And I started panicking. I called my mom real quick. And she went in the office. She looked at the Dr. Wayha ma kan ee6amen kelesh.


Dr. Talal: Farah, can you please leave the room for a bit?


Me: Im not leaving. What your gonna tell my mama btgoula jdamy. It's my health, I have the right to know


Mom: Dr. Talal, its okay, let her stay. Cause I know her, rasha yabes, mara7 tesma3 el kalam


Dr.Talal: I dont want to freak anyone of you out. But I have to tell you, that your daughter might be daignosed with cancer. We cant make sure, unless she does some blood tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment