Tuesday, September 25, 2012

One Step At A Time 11

Dear Diary, 


I woke up that day with the sun scorching my bare back, I swear waking up hung over was better than the state I woke up in. Being in the sun this long made me get a sun burn, my face was blazing red. And I actually got a tan line, how ironic. I slowly got up from the hot floor, and placed my blanky and pillow neatly in the box again. I unlocked the door, the house was dead quiet my footsteps echoed through the house. It turns out my sisters had college to attend, and no one was at home except mom. I reached for the cupboard to get cream for my burnt face. At least it would help the healing process. I applied it on, every touch made me flinch, I got tired from all the standing so I decided to head to my room, and put it on. When I got it I saw my mom laying on my bed, with my album, pictures of me as a baby scattered all around the floor. She looked like she had been crying that night, seeing that the tissue box was half empty right next to her. I covered her up with my blanket, and just as I tiptoed my way outside the room, I heard mom whisper 



Mama: Farah? Is that you?


Me: Yeah 


She ushered for me to come, I hesitated at first, but I could see the regret in her eyes. 


Mama: I-I-Im so s-s-sorry 


Me: No Mom, Im sorry, I shouldn't have said what I said. I don't hate you, you know I love you 



Mama: wait, let me finish, I shouldn't have hit you, I never laid hands on you, and when you actually say the truth I slap you? That was really wrong of me. I know I should have told you about your dad trying to come back in your life, and make you decide. But he hurt you so bad, he hurt all of you so bad, I didn't want to see you get hurt again, especially the fact the doctor, urged that anything that might hurt you or bring our negative vibes should be avoided. And I felt like an awful mom, I was never there for you, I never guided you through anything. I thought that maybe this was my chance. 



And she broke down crying uncontrollably, covering her face with her hands. I held her hands and placed them on her lap, and slowly wiped away her tears with my shirt. 



Me: Mom, your not an awful mom, your the best! I just wanted you to know that 



She leaned in and gave me a kiss on my forehead and hugged me ever so tightly. I squirmed and jumped from my bed, cause she was pressuring my back. Ou kafy the sun burn kan ga3d ya7rgny, ba3ad trou7 tethgha6 3lay.



Mama: Whats wrong?


Me: Its nothing 



Mom turned around and took off my shirt slowly. My back was severely burned.  She told me to wait a second while she went and got the cream that she had in her room. A few minutes later she came back. Holding the cream with a smile on her face. Applying it on my back so gently and tenderly. 



Me: Aa77 yumaa, it hurts! 


Mama: Bala 3ayara, just endure it. at least for now.


Me: Ugh, fine 



No comments:

Post a Comment