Saturday, September 22, 2012

One step at a time 9

Dear Diary,



I was just about to go confront my mom when I heard a knock on the door. Who would be coming at this time of the day? I went and opened the door, and suprisingly, it was Fatma and Shamayel. I felt so mad the second I saw them. After all these weeks of them knowing ena I needed them, and I broke up with Aziz, al7een eeyounly, ba3ad shnu?



Me: What do you guys want?


Fatma: you know elsalam mn allah right?


Me: and you do know that real friends dont bail on each other when they need you the most right?


Shamayel: were really sorry


Me: Are you just sayinng that cause you feel sorry for me, or what?


Fatma: la wallah la2, its cause we realized how wrong we are. Ou as they say, you never notice ghalat a person until you loose them, and well... we thought we were gonna loose you Farah, and we dont want that. Were really sorry, honestly



I just stood there, thinking. Okay, the fact that they left me did hurt, but because they put the effort in apolagizing. I decided to forgive them. I gave them a crooked smile



Shamayel: so were friends again?


Me: no. were sisters


Fatma: awwh, I love you!



It was a touching sisterly moment, giving each other a group hug, we stood there for a few minutes, just staring at each other, I could see Fatma's eyes watering I got real worried



Me: You okay?


Fatma: your going to be okay, right?



Shamayel broke down crying too, seeing them, seeing everyone react the same way that they did, made me feel miserable. The more I try to be strong, the more I fail at it. I choked while saying the next few words



Me: Dont worry, Im going to be perfectly fine, Im healthy cant you see?



Faking a smile was something I was used to by now. I told them I was okay, but something inside me kept screaming " you have cancer. Your going to die" I tried to fight my inner voice, and occupied myself with my friends, I cracked some jokes, and soulafna, it felt like old times. But I knew, it will never be like before. Ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment